Frequently asked questions
Q: HOW DO I BOOK A ROOM?
The following is included in the room fee, please make sure you are satisfied with our offer. Extras can’t be requested after the fact.
- Digs applications are handled slightly differently to the Campuses applications, due to group bookings. MySpace will inform you when to apply and for which building to apply
- Applications are done online following the Apply prompts
- Set up a profile on the portal (this includes a clear head & shoulders profile photo)
- Pay your monies (admin fee & deposit)
- You will be informed once your application is a) accepted and b) compliant
- The lease is done electronically, you will receive an email to sign (resident & guarantor each receive a link, please sign individually and as soon as possible after receipt of the email)
- Your lease will be complete once all parties’ have signed
Q: WORRIED ABOUT SAFETY?
Your house has an 8-line electric fence, linked to security services and you have direct comms via a WhatsApp group. Clear Bars at all opening windows.
Q: ENJOY CLEAN LIVING?
We include a bi-weekly cleaning service for the communal areas and once a week for your crib. House is fitted with a Speed Queen washing machine & drying yard.
Q: STAYING CONNECTED IS IMPORTANT, RIGHT?
With free Wi-Fi, staying on top of socials should be easy (also useful for studies). T&Cs apply and individual upgrades available on quote basis.
Q: WHAT ABOUT MY CAR?
One parking per tenant & bicycle racks fitted.
Q: WHAT’S IN THE ROOM?
Rooms are provided with the items as listed on the room rates document.
No additional items are permitted to be added, including the addition of furniture and major appliances. No swopping of items will be permitted. Rooms are let on an ‘as is’ basis.
Q: WHAT’S IN THE KITCHEN?
- Oven & hob
- Extractor fan
Q: EXTRAS I NEED TO BUDGET FOR?
- Prepaid electricity
- Water usage
Q: WHAT DO I BRING?
- Bathroom goodies
- Kitchen smalls (pots/pans/crockery/cutlery – please note this will be shared with other occupants of the house
- Loadshedding light option
- Should you wish to bring your own portable inverter, contact us for the spec allowance
Q: WHAT NOT TO BRING?
- We do not permit swopping out of furniture, so you cannot bring your own bed/mattress or other furniture